Welcome to the counselor's corner!!!
What do elementary school counselors do?
* Teach classroom guidance lessons
* Facilitate short-term small group counseling
* Provide immediate and short-term individual counseling
* Work collaboratively with teachers and staff
* Consult with parents
* Provide information and/or referrals for community resources to families
How does a student get to see the counselor?
* the student may ask to go to the counselor’s office
* the teacher or principal may send a student
* Mom, Dad or another care provider can request counseling services
* a school friend may invite him or her for a special visit
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution
Ms. Olivia Carter, Counselor